Russia to spend $600 billion on army revamp including buying Arms from the US… WTF??
The collapse of the military-oriented Soviet Union has seen a gradual decay of Russia‘s armed forces, and major reforms have been put in place to put them back on track. Moscow will pour over 600-billion dollars into refitting the army over the next ten years. And there’s a new man in charge as well – Russia’s former envoy to NATO will now put his long experience to good use, helping revamp the country’s military. RT’s Tom Barton explains why changes are needed.
- Russia’s inevitable democratization (japantimes.co.jp)
- How Threat of Loose Soviet Nukes Was Avoided (abcnews.go.com)
- Russia’s NATO envoy appointed to battle military corruption (ctv.ca)
- You: Russia and the US-Pakistan crisis (nation.com.pk)
- Major refit: Arming the army – RT (rt.com)
- Russia’s Putin dreams of sweeping Eurasian Union (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Russia’s Putin dreams of sweeping Eurasian Union (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Russia’s Putin Dreams of Sweeping Eurasian Union (time.com)
- Russia’s Putin dreams of sweeping Eurasian Union (seattlepi.com)
- My Perestroika and the Rise of Soviet Nostalgia (jenx67.com)