Oil-for-gold: Will Iran dodge US Sanctions with metal shield?
The EU has delivered on its threat to ban the import of crude oil from Iran, in response to its nuclear programme. The latest round of sanctions prohibits any new oil contracts, while allowing for existing deals to run until July. But Tehran is apparently finding ways to keep business pumping. Reports say Iran will keep supplying one of its biggest customers – India – but will get payment in gold instead of dollars.
Tehran: ‘No one can sell oil if Iran cannot’
A senior Iranian official has dismissed as futile the latest EU sanctions on thecountry’s oil exports, adding that Tehran will not allow a condition to arise wherein others are allowed to sell oil and Iran is not.
- Iran Ready To Resume Nuclear Talks (alan.com)
- Sanctions dodge: India to pay gold for Iran oil, China may follow – RT (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- IMF:Iran sanctions could lead to 30% hike in crude (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Despite Sanctions by EU & US, Irani Black Gold Turns into 24K Gold (jafrianews.com)
- The Demise of the U.S. Petrodollar …R.I.P (agirlwhoknowsherownmind.wordpress.com)
- Iran says EU oil embargo will be ineffective (seattlepi.com)
- Iran says EU oil embargo will be ineffective (foxnews.com)
- Ahmadinejad: ready for talks (thehindu.com)
- Iran: Developments and Highlights 1/25 (showdownmideast.com)
- Iran hints it is ready to revive talks with the West but insists it will not halt nuclear programme (dailymail.co.uk)
- EU bans Iranian oil, Tehran responds with threats (business.financialpost.com)
- UK could send military assets to Strait of Hormuz (seattlepi.com)
- Pressure rises with EU’s Iran sanctions (japantimes.co.jp)
- Ahmadinejad Says Iran Ready For Nuclear Talks (usnews.com)
- EU to Embargo Iranian Crude as Tension Mounts (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Severe Sanctions on Iran – is it too little and too late? (themoderatevoice.com)
- EU On Board With Iran Oil Sanctions (thewesternexperience.com)
- Iran to Sell Crude Oil for Gold (adask.wordpress.com)