My WTF? Moment of the Day! Man Shoots himself in the butt @ Wal Mart Checkout
Instead, he accidentally fired the pistol in his pocket, police said.
The bullet struck Canady in the buttock, then ricochet on the floor and broke into pieces. Bullet fragments wounded two nearby children and a woman, 27-year-old Cassie Schinto, according to Sr. Cpl. Sherri Jeffrey.
An off-duty officer tried to confront Canady, but police say he ran away. Officers managed to catch him after a brief chase.
Canady is formally charged with evading arrest, and could also be charged with injury to a child.
Police say Canady does have a concealed gun permit.
- Man’s gun fires in Texas Walmart, 4 slightly hurt (amarillo.com)
- Mother Injured In Wal-Mart Accidental Shooting Talks (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Police arrest man in accidental shooting that injured him, 2 others at Dallas Walmart (crimeblog.dallasnews.com)
- Man’s gun fires in Dallas Walmart, 4 slightly hurt (mysanantonio.com)
- Another Dimwitted Gun Toter: Menace to Society, The Wal-Mart in Texas Edition (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- CCW Holder Shoots Own Butt (drudge.com)
- CHL Owner Accidentally Fires Gun In Walmart, Injures Himself And Three Others (dreamindemon.com)
- Gunfire inside Dallas Walmart (wfaa.com)
- Three Wounded As Gun Goes Off Inside Dallas Wal-Mart (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Concealed Weapons Permits Are AWESOME! (talkingpointsmemo.com)